“All you need is love, but a little chocolate
now and then doesn’t hurt.”
– Charles M. Shultz
One tool I cannot live without is my slow cooker. This wasn’t always true though, especially when I had the idea that a slow cooker was mainly for cooking a roast which I believed was ghastly, unless it was a ham. The meat didn’t brown but it was tender. That was then and this is now.
Today, I have learned so many ways of using my slow cooker, and yes I can even brown the meat in it! But what is a total surprise is that I can make all these delicious desserts (maybe not such a good thing) like my 3 Ingredient Apple Dump Cake using the slow cooker.
So, go ahead and plan your day because this dessert won’t need you fussing over it for hours. Although, this dessert is going to be a show stopper, only you need to know how easy it was to make. That’s the great thing about slow cookers!
Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- fudge brownie mix
- mini chocolate chips
- caramel bits
- heavy cream
- hot water
- jar of hot fudge sauce
- cooking spray
- slow cooker
- pecans, caramel sauce and ice cream are all optional
1. Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the brownie mix, chocolate chips, oil, water and eggs.
4. Whisk until combined (don’t over mix).
5. Pour the brownie batter into the slow cooker.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, add the caramel bites and heavy cream.
7. Microwave in 30 minute intervals, until the caramel is completely melted.
8. If using pecans, stir them in.
9. Pour the caramel sauce over the brownie batter and using a knife swirl it through the batter.
10. In a small bowl, whisk the hot water and hot fudge sauce until it’s smooth.
11. Pour over top the caramel and brownie mixture.
12. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
13. The center will still be gooey.
Serve warm with ice-cream, whip cream or caramel sauce. Or all three!
Do you have a recipe that is a show stopper? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below.